Friday, June 09, 2006

Hanging out to dry in Portofino

portofino window

I always wondered if the people that have amazing houses in exceptional locations (such as the one in the picture - perfectly painted window in Portofino) feel the need to keep the outside perfect to keep up a certain image. How is it possible that they only wash 5 articles of clothing at a time, all of which seem to come together in a well balanced color coordinated harmony? I don't know about you, but I tend to wash all whites or light colors together and do the same for darks. I happen to have some clothes that I wear hanging around the house, so if I were to hang them out to dry, they certainly wouldn't look like I brought them home from the store yesterday.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally wash everything in whatever lump packs up the washer quickly. Lights/darks, whatever :) Maybe I separate whites, but that's the extent of it.

In general, I'm still not sure I'd hang anything outside for anyone to see. Get a dryer, no one wants to see your skidmarks.

5:32 PM  
Blogger lalessi said...

I totally agree with you. It's terrible to live without a dryer, but most of these houses aren't big enough to fit one despite the fact that they cost an arm and a leg ;)

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo, Laura.

It makes me think of a post I read on a blog called Living in Venice where the author hung her "biancheria" and it fell into the canal below. A passing boat operator retrieved her unmentionables for her!

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger
Subscribe with Bloglines
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites
photoblogring | random Blog Flux Directory


Copyright © 2006   Riviera Design